Would you like to work at heights? Do you enjoy working outside?
Maybe a career as a scaffolder is what you are looking for?
The Scaffolding Apprenticeship is a two-year apprenticeship, on successful completion you will become a fully qualified scaffolder, with a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Scaffolding.
There are a range of areas within the construction industry that you can choose to work in such as Pharmaceutical, Off Shore Gas & Oil Rigs & the Film Industry.
An Apprenticeship qualification can enable you to progress within the sector and/or to higher education programmes.
The role of the scaffolder involves the erection and dismantling of temporary scaffolding on structures and building sites, undertaking safety checks and inspections, maintaining safe storage of equipment and a safe working environment.
By the end of your training, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the different types of scaffolding system in use.
- Plan, prepare, measure, calculate, assemble and dismantle scaffolding systems
- Inspect and maintain all components of scaffolding
- Identify potential hazards and apply appropriate measures to resolve incidents
- Effectively communicate decisions to a range of stakeholders
To be eligible to become an Apprentice on the Scaffolding Apprenticeship you must:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Have a minimum of 5 Grade D in Junior Certificate
- Valid Safepass Card
- 3 Months on Site Experience
- Reasonable Level of Fitness
- Minimum B2 CERFL if English is not your first language
As an apprentice, you earn while you learn. The employer pays you a salary while you are being trained on-the-job and off-the-job. The rate of pay is agreed between you and your employer.
Apprentices are not required to pay a student contribution for this apprenticeship.
The National Construction Training Centre at Mount Lucas is dedicated to train, develop and upskill the competencies for both Construction machine operators and construction operatives that will enable trainees to develop a career within the Construction Industry. This is achieved through a positive working relationship between the Instructor and the trainee in a fully simulated working environment on site at Mount Lucas.