This course aims to provide participants with the principles and practices required to effectively design ventilation flowrates, install ventilation systems and commission ventilation systems, in accordance with Technical Guidance Document Part F 2019. Participants who successfully complete the assessment of this course can use this as proof of competency in ventilation systems’, installation, balancing and commissioning, as required by TGD Part F 2019.
- NZEB Principles – Part L and Part F (Building Regulations)
- Air Permeability – how air infiltrates and exfiltrates a building and why we need to manage this.
- Ventilation Strategies – Natural ventilation, CMEV, MVHR – how to achieve compliance with Part F
- Ventilation in the Dwelling Energy Assessment Procedure (DEAP) – how installing different systems can impact a BER assessment
- Flow Rate Design Activities – calculations to determine ventilation requirements in compliance with Part F
- Installation and Commissioning of Ventilation Systems for Dwellings – how to install and balance these systems in a dwelling.
- Ventilation Commissioning Activities – practising the install and balancing
- Communication and User Information – handover with the homeowner
- Three ½ days online delivery (Theory)
- One day Theory & Practical Assessment
- Theory Assessment 1 ½ Hour duration (70% Pass rate must be achieved)
- Practical Assessment (30 minute timed Commissioning activity)
- Must have Relevant Construction or Trade specific experience
- This course is fully funded through the Skills to Advance programme
Course Requirements *For Online Delivery
- Smart device with Camera (PC/Laptop/Tablet)
- Zoom (For online Zoom class delivery)
- Suitable stable Wi-Fi
- City & Guilds Assured Certification
- CIF Approved