This course aims to provide participants with knowledge of the principles of Airtightness and Vapour Control and the ability to install Airtightness and Vapour Control components.
- Airtightness and Vapour Control Principals – Part L and Part F, understanding the importance of Vapour Control and Airtightness in buildings.
- Building Physics – Principals of heat loss, Role of ventilation, and impacts of high air permeability,
- Building Fabric – Windows and doors, attic hatches, walls, floors, and roofs.
- Airtightness and Vapour Control Components – Membranes, tapes, Caulks, Gaskets, etc, and the correct installation thereof.
- Airtightness and Vapour Control Strategies – Unbroken continuity, sequencing, best practice, MMC ( Modern Methods of Construction)
- Health and Safety – Safe site practices.
- Communication and User Information – the importance of communication during and after construction.
- 2 half days online
- 3 days onsite
- This course is aimed at experienced construction workers who are seeking to transition their offering to include the application of airtightness, tapes and membranes. Applicants for this course will need to be competent in a range of core construction skills such as accurate measurement and setting out, and precision in cutting.
- This course is fully funded through the Skills to Advance programme
Course Requirements *For Online Delivery
- Smart device with Camera (PC/Laptop/Tablet)
- Zoom (For online Zoom class delivery)
- Suitable stable Wi-Fi
- QQI Level 5 Certification (Minor Award)
- CIF Approved
Online: 10th and 11th August (9.00 – 12.30)
Onsite 14th – 16th August (9.00 – 16.30)
Online: 7th and 8th September (9.00 – 12.30)
Onsite 11th – 13th September (9.00 – 16.30)
Online: 5th and 6th October (9.00 – 12.30)
Onsite 9th – 11th October (9.00 – 16.30)
Online: 23rd and 24th October (9.00 – 12.30)
Onsite 31st October, 1st and 2nd November (9.00 – 16.30)
Online: 6th and 7th December (9.00 – 12.30)
Onsite 11th – 13th December (9.00 – 16.30)
To express interest in this programme contact Bebhinn at firstname.lastname@example.org / 0858049519