This course aims to provide participants qualified in the trade of Electrical with the knowledge, skills and competency in the principles and practices of Nearly Zero Energy Building (NZEB) for new dwellings.
- NZEB Principles – Part L and Part F,
- Building Physics – thermal energy, heat and ventilation losses, U values, condensation and mould formation
- Building Fabric – Continuous Insulation, Thermal Bridging, Air Permeability, Windows and Doors.
- Building Services – Space heating and Domestic Hot Water, Controlled Ventilation, Lighting, ICT and Smart Technology
- Renewable Energy requirements – photovoltaics, smart metering, heat pumps
- Communication and User Information – importance of communication during and after construction
- Four ½ days online + 1 day in training centre OR
- 3 days in training centre
- Must hold a qualification in specific trade
- This course is fully funded through the Skills to Advance programme
- City & Guilds Assured Certification
- CIF Approved